Cases of accidental fire outbreaks had been reported now and then in the country. In the the Port Harcourt fruit market fire which happened a few days back, Properties worth millions and millions of Naira were lost in this inferno.
Recently, news got to us that a family, in Ezinihitte Mbaise, 1mo state, had lost two of their members, two sibling to fire.
Stories making the rounds has it that the parents of the deceased children, on the day of the incident had left the sleeping children in a room lighted up with a candle stick, all alone, to go and charge their phone somewhere nearby only to come back to meet the burnt body of their children. What a tragedy. We wish the deceased parents fortitude to bear this lost. May God grant the souls of the two innocent victims rest in his bosom?
This is a call to all parents to please be mindful of the things they do. It is a fact the poor economic situation in the country is biting hard on almost everybody. Let us use our head and not let our reasoning and good judgment be affected by this.
This fire would have been averted and the life’s of these two siblings secured, if and only if their parents reasoned well and remembered that candle is a naked light and could spark off fire anytime and used a kerosene lamp which is less risky. They could have on the other hand left the sleeping children under the care of an adult instead of leaving them all alone in the dead of the night, locked up in the house making it difficult for anyone to rescue those children on time.
How will this couples face themselves knowing that out of their careless and unavoidable mistake, the lives of their two children were lost?
Please! Please!! Please!!! I appeal to all parents to eliminate the usage of candles in your homes, no matter how hard it is. Please think of your safety first in whatever you do in life.
Let us secure our future and the life’s our future generation.
IT SAVES A LOT.